Our heartiest congratulations on your pregnancy!
The pregnancy and motherhood journey are memorable milestones filled with much joy, anticipation and perhaps, uncertainities. It is normal to feel unsettled. At the NUH Women’s Centre, we understand what you are experiencing and can help you enjoy your pregnancy better.
Emma Care is a unique collaborative maternity care programme designed to meet your pregnancy, delivery, and postnatal needs.
Together with your obstetrician, our team of experienced midwives and nurses provides personalised holistic nursing care to support you throughout your pregnancy, right up to the birth of your baby and two months after.
Services of Emma Care
- Provides comprehensive pregnancy guidance and information on Natural Childbirth
- Accompanies you on your prenatal and postnatal clinic appointments
- Assists you in creating a realistic and personalised birth plan
- Coaches your partner to support you during and after delivery
- Provides one-to-one nursing care and support during active labour
- Offers breastfeeding support together with our postnatal ward nurses
Do click here to read the brochure for further details and prices.
Announcement >> We are pleased to share that our research paper ‘One–to-one midwifery care in Singapore – the first 100 births’ has been published in the British Journal of Midwifery. This article documents the development of our Emma Care programme and the statistics of our first 100 births, which reflects good maternal and neonatal outcomes when women receive continous care and support from an obstetrician and midwife throughout their pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
Please click here to read the paper [Fox, D., Chu, L., Er, L.T.K., Raes, A., Rooslee, S.I., Pua, S.K. & Chong, Y.S. 2013, 'One-to-one midwifery care in Singapore - the first 100 births', British Journal of Midwifery, vol. 21, no.10, pp.701-7.]
Please contact the the Emma Care Helpline at (65) 9838 2918 for more information or to make an appointment, or email us at Emma_Care@nuhs.edu.sg
Return to top