Where to go?
You can get more information or make an appointment at our NUH Women's Clinic (Kent Ridge Wing, Level 3).
You can contact our Women's Clinic at (65) 6772 2255/ 2277 for an appointment.
Do you know a child or teen who may benefit from seeing a gynaecologist?
For young ladies, visiting the gynaecologist can be a very frightening experience. Understanding their needs, our team of doctors and nurses take on an active approach to reach out, and provide effective solutions and sound advice to our young patients.
Reasons to seek gynaecologic care for young ladies include:
- Menstrual periods that are very heavy or painful, causing decrease in normal activities or school absence.
- Itching, persistent irritation or rashes in genital area
- Concerns regarding anatomy or puberty
- Safe sex practices
- Sexually transmitted disease testing
- Abdnominal or pelvic pain that persists
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV)
Please click here to read more about periods and menstruation.
Vaccination for Cervical cancer
Vaccination is recommended for all young women and your doctor will be able to help decide which vaccine is right for you. Ideally, the vaccine should be given before first sexual contact. This will activate a healthy young woman's immune system and protect her against HPV.
Please click on the above poster to read more.
You may also be pleased to know that our HPV Vaccination Clinic opens on every last Saturday of the month.
Return to top